Friday, August 2, 2019

Celebrating Writing




Last Wednesday we've openned our school after hours to showcase children's writing. In Room 3 we shared what emergent writing looks like. We've set a few stations to show writing in action. Writing is not a subject that should be taught in seperation, it is an organic process that has a purpose in everyday life. The children wrote I love... sentences and read these to their families this week. After, the families responded with their I love...sentences in English and their own languages. Throughout the week children also shared their own efforts with their friends and they loved discussing their integrated writing about when they were babbies. Making their own book covers was a hit as well which illustrated the importance of child-centered learning.







Our handwriting station

Recognising own name and spelling it out.

Learning about the past...When I was a baby...

Class Treaty with personal messages

Children's I love...sentences




Book Covers




Messages from parents

I love you in Tongan


I love you in Indonesian

Handwriting 'old school'

Handwriting wall

Last Wednesday
When I was a baby...

Sharing book covers



Arithraa's book about Cassey the Caterpillar

A lot more love hearts now...


Cordeliah wrote: I love my mum, dad and my brothers. Her older brother responded back in Tongan.


Another message in Tongan

I love you...from Cook Islands



Sahar's 2.5 year old sister is writing too!

Three different languages: Afgani, Farsi and English

I love you...in Cambodian

I love you...written from Cambodia and India


Recognising own work


Chinese writing looks cool...



I love you in Malayalam

No comments:

Post a Comment